VoterAid is a startup whose mission is to help match voters to the politicians that most agree with their views. We do this by asking users a few questions on the key issues of the day. We take those responses and compare them to elected officials and candidates for office at the federal, state, and local levels. With the results we provide, our users can feel represented across the various manifestations of government. We’ve already created a presence in Miami- Dade County and we’re ramping up to go nationwide.
Marketing and Public Relations Internship
You will work under the supervision of the Director of Marketing on campaigns that VoterAid is executing. This will include promoting the survey, podcast, and election-related content we produce to local, state, and national media. This will also include advertising to and interacting with users of VoterAid’s web app on social media.
- Assist in updating and maintaining VoterAid’s social media presence.
- Draft and distribute news releases, media alerts, and other stories.
- Maintain a relationship with local media companies that cover elections.
- Collaborate with the VoterAid team on new ideas, directions, and venues for branding and communications.
- Reach out to community organizations, local stakeholders, and the general public to promote VoterAid’s content on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate with active candidates for survey submission and podcast interview scheduling.
- An interest in politics Working towards a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations, or other similar area.
- A working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in the United States legally without sponsorship.
Skills You Will Learn
- Social media management for business
- Press release writing
- Relationship development with stakeholders throughout the media industry.
- Promotion strategies across marketing channels.
- Dealing with political campaigns
- 10-15 hours per week
- Work will be primarily completed remotely, with in-person meetings occasionally.
- Position open until filled; a 3-6 month commitment is preferred.’
- This is an UNPAID internship.
How to apply: Please send a resume and a 30 second video that shows why you’d be great for this internship to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, feel free to tweet @voteraidapp.
Bid Aero is a secure e-commerce marketplace for aftermarket aircraft & engine parts. Bid Aero utilizes a reverse auction business model and an escrow service for payments and an escrow and inspection service for parts, uniquely protecting both the buyer and seller. Instead of manually searching for parts, buyers can now issue RFQs and have suppliers compete for their business. The secure escrow service enables customers to purchase from any global supplier without placing funds or inventory at risk of loss. This transparent environment minimizes aircraft ground-time and operational inefficiencies saving time and money.
Director of Digital Marketing (Intern)
Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Content creation and editing
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
How to apply: Contact Aleon@bid.aero – 305-733-6740
Prospera (formerly HBIF) is recruiting an intern for it South Florida Marketing Department. Prospera is an economic development, nonprofit organization specialized in providing bilingual assistance to Hispanic entrepreneurs trying to establish or expand their business in Florida.
This position assists with strategies and projects to promote the brand and increase awareness of Prospera services across the state.
- Assist with planning, execution and evaluation of online marketing strategies
- Maintain electronic communications, social media, website and SEO content
- Maintain metrics to assess the effectiveness of online marketing strategies, media relations and community outreach
- Develop communications and creative materials to increase awareness about the organization
- Assist with campaign development and execution
- Assist with special event planning Success Stories Luncheons and others
- Conduct research, work with vendors and other miscellaneous activities
- Student must be working toward a major in communications, advertising, marketing, public relations, graphic design or related field.
- Student must be fully bilingual (English/Spanish) with excellent writing skills in both languages.
- Computer skills: proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point.
- Proficiency in Photoshop a plus
- Student must be able to multitask and pay attention to detail.
How to apply: Submit résumé to email@example.com (subject line: “marketing internship”).