UDT is looking for Event coordinators she/he is expected to coordinate every aspect of an event to make sure that it occurs without a hitch. This includes guaranteed attendance, confirm attendees for demand generation events. The Event coordinators will be expected to calculate a budget for proposed events, as well as ROI, qualified leads. Coordination of approved events can include managing details like choosing the event location, arranging the schedule, selecting speakers/entertainment, choosing vendors, selecting menus, procuring accommodations, creating and distributing marketing materials (invitations, flyers, advertisements,), and arranging transportation for attendees. Event coordinators are also expected to be onsite the day of the event to oversee set-up or perform the set-up themselves, and to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Event Planning and Production
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the alumni association.
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revised room layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Responsible for confirming attendees
- Close out all events as required.
– Event Administration:
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments and visits to see our space, and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Responsible for reporting back on qualified leads for each event.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested
– Social Media Assistance:
- Draft and set up social media for events throughout platforms
- Stay relevant with up to date news, platforms, trends
- Engage when needed on social media
- Live postings throughout events
- Zero to 1 year experience coordinating special events or office administrative management.
- Currently attending school for Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications/Marketing.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.
*Travel 25% of their time as needed
*Part-time 15–20 hrs (flexible)
How to Apply: Email resume to Paula.Euse@udtonline.com
Marketing and Public Relations Internship
This is a ‘Marketing & PR Intern’ position with Salvatore Ferragamo – Latin America & Caribbean. The internship is non-paid and can be credit-based depending on the University’s requirements. The time period is open as it can be by semester, or longer as agreed with candidate. The intern would be working directly with the Coordinator of Marketing & PR for the region, and have constant interaction with other Departments such as Sales, Finance, and Operations. It is an opportunity for individuals who wish to gather some experience in the Luxury Fashion Industry with a top brand in the Latin-American region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Compile Backup material for each approved Media Plan and send to SFI
- Organize Regional Media Library
- Samples =
- Organize and maintain FLA Showroom with all Sample Sets
- Create a process to ship/track use of sample products for photo shoots and events
- Work with Editors and Stylists on Sample requests for Productions/Events
- Update Photo Shoot Database
- Develop translations for all Press Releases received
- Compile and organize Press Clippings from region and Pan-regional every Quarter and send to SFI
- Maintain and update list of editorial contacts and calendars
– MKT/PR RESEARCH
- Develop Competitive Overview Analysis for Latin American region.
- Work with local clients and PR Agencies on specific research projects
- Coordinate Milan Fashion Show attendance, flights, transfers, accommodation and restaurant bookings & develop individual itineraries for invited press
- Coordinate Corporate Events attendance and press coverage, flights, transfers, accommodation and restaurant bookings & develop individual itineraries for invited press
- Provide support to region for all Events (PR Building, Brand Building, Traffic Building)
– Fluent in Spanish
– Preferably a Graduate level student that is focusing in Marketing and/or Public Relations. If Undergraduate, then should be a junior/senior majoring in either/both of these areas
– Work experience should be relevant and at least 1-2 years
– Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, Word) and Acrobat
– Diligent, hardworking, sincere and quick to pick up things taught to them
– Strong interpersonal skills and needs to be a strong team player
How to Apply: Email resume to email@example.com