The Student-Athlete Academic Center at FIU is currently seeking a diverse, highly motivated group of students and alumni to participate in our Tutoring Program for the Fall 2017 semester. Candidates will serve as Tutors within the FIU Student-Athlete Academic Center to facilitate one-on-one and/or group tutoring sessions with student-athletes across 18 NCAA Division I sports. Tutors can work up to 20 hours (enrolled FIU students) or 30 hours (non-students FIU) a week. Tutors are eligible to tutor courses in which they have obtained a B+ or higher, within and outside of their major area of study. Pay rate ranges between $10.00-$12.00 per hour depending on level of education and experience.
Tutors are needed for upper division and graduate courses in the following subject areas:
- Business Administration
- Real Estate
*Applicants in subject areas not listed are welcome to apply.
Job Duties include:
1. Discuss learning, test-taking and study strategies while assisting with course work assignments and questions
2. Complete session feedback at the completion of each tutoring session
3. Assist student-athletes with composing study guides
4. Facilitate review sessions during midterm and finals exams and/or as needed based on course
5. Maintain familiarity with all existing SAAC and campus resources and refer student-athletes as appropriate
6. Communicate with Academic Coordinators, Tutoring Coordinator and SAAC Staff as needed based on the progress of student-athletes
7. Follow and uphold FIU academic honesty policies and procedures
How to Apply: Interested students/alumni can submit their resume via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration. Deadline to submit resumes is Monday, July 31, 2017.