Government Relations Communication Fellow
The Communications Fellow will work with the Governmental relations team to effectively manage stakeholder communications at the state, local and federal levels, including social media strategies and creative web presence that support our overall advocacy goals. As a critical member of the FIU in Washington, D.C. office, the Fellow will also help manage the daily operations of this dynamic hub aimed at building a knowledge community supporting our students, alumni and faculty researchers.
- Will work with all members of the Governmental relations team to support the overall communications and alumni advocacy strategies of the Office.
- Will prepare and publish tailor-made content for regular stakeholder communications, including regular emails, web site presence and social media platforms.
- Will be the primary manager of @fiugov, @fiudc twitter handles; the FIU Governmental Relations facebook presence and be charged with raising the level of direct engagement with alumni advocates on these platforms.
- Lead the ideation and activation of social-at-the-core initiatives, inclusive of new content formats and government officials account take-overs, in order to grow and engage our fan-base more effectively.
- Actively evaluate new social media platforms and potential partners, which may support in the shared virality of FIU Gov communications and initiatives.
- Will monitor metrics, quantify the impact of our communications strategies, and increase impact based on findings.
- Create and edit short videos with infographics, voice-overs, multimedia techniques, etc. to increase awareness of FIU’s standing on national priority issues, our own federal priorities and strategies.
- Working with the Director of Federal Relations, will package, develop tailor-made content and route timely FIU news features relating to our federal priorities and areas of preeminence to Congressional offices, national thought leaders and critical agency champions.
- Will prepare weekly (or when warranted) news briefs on federal relations activities in Washington DC for use by FIU News and other social media platforms.
- Will work with the Director of Federal Relations and the Division of External relations to keep Washington, D.C. alumni and friends working in Media informed and aware of critical activities and visits by University leadership and faculty researchers.
FIU in DC Hub Communications:
- Will design, develop and package content for promotional campaigns to support the regular activities of the FIU in DC hub, such as Congressional briefings, guest lectures, Career Success activities, executive education, and alumni activities.
- Will manage content on multiple technology platforms in the DC hub including the center’s welcoming promotional screens, video walls, and other presentation monitors.
- Will manage an online presence and interactive calendar of activities happening at the FIU in DC hub.
- Will actively document, develop content and package our student leadership and alumni success stories, increasing the visibility of these important stakeholders in Washington, D.C.
FIU in DC Operations:
- Will coordinate the reservations, scheduling and “white-glove” concierge support needed for internal partners and alumni utilization of conference facilities, classrooms, co-working space at the FIU in DC hub.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Duration: 1 year
Marketing & Business Development Intern
Based in Paris – France and Miami – USA, The International Student Company (The ISC) is an expanding and dynamic International Work Experience Specialist that provides university students, graduates, and young professionals with paid internship and traineeship opportunities in the U.S. Since 2011, The ISC has been connecting young people from all over the world with valuable cultural exchange opportunities. They have also provided hundreds of participants with affordable J-1 visa sponsorship and, offering excellent personal service, program monitoring, and support.
- Establish and Maintain effective relationship with new/current corporations.
- Work closely with CEO in all areas of operations and current projects.
- Create commercial awareness that engages our current partners and and attracts new clients.
- Attend sales appointments; educate potential clients on company’s services.
- Maintain website and other social media pages updated
- Maintain press kits/profiles and research articles.
- Excellent building client relations.
- Highly motivated and outgoing with an interest in human resources, operations, and marketing.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must have experience and knowledge in marketing – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Goal Oriented
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Candidates should demonstrate ability to work in a fast-pace professional environment and adaptability
Duration: 6-12 months (start date: January 2016)
Location: Miami, FL
If you want to apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org