Published: August 11th, 2015
Established as one of the premier insurance agencies in the United States, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is meeting the needs of mid-sized businesses across the country. MMA’s services are targeted to clients who seek professional advice on program structure, market knowledge, experience and expertise in their industry, along with local resources and service professionals.
We provide global risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services for businesses, public entities, associations, professional services organizations, and private clients.
As an MMA agency, we have access to a broad array of capabilities and resources to offer our clients. MMA is an independent unit of Marsh Inc., the world’s leading global insurance broker and risk advisor.
With a staff of 175+ professionals, we provide our clients with the expertise necessary to provide a global solution for their business and personal insurance needs. From Property & Casualty and Employee Benefits, to Private Client and Wellness & Health Management services, we look at your assets as a whole and provide you with tailored solutions to meet those needs.
This is a great opportunity for a student interested in gaining hands-on work experience in the field of Marketing & Communications. The Intern will work on various projects in areas including employee communications, online media, mobile applications, and market research, while gaining knowledge in the employee benefits industry
Perks and Incentives:
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity to participate in department meetings and interact with the management team
Key Projects & Work Assignments:
Project #1: iBenefits Mobile Apps
- The Goal: To provide benefits information for employees to easily & quickly access from their mobile device.
- Summary: Organize and build the mobile apps for our clients, customizing each app with client brand, messaging and plan information.
- Benefit to Company: Provide our clients with a unique and valuable communication tool.
- Benefit to Intern: Will provide experience in building iOS and Android compatible mobile apps as well as deepen knowledge in benefit plan designs and contributions.
Project #2: Open Enrollment Materials
- The Goal: To customize employee open enrollment communications to deliver at renewal.
- Summary: Prepare and brand employee communications including brochures and presentations.
- Benefit to Company: Provide our clients with custom benefits program communications for their employees at enrollment.
- Benefit to Intern: Hands on practice developing custom brochures and PowerPoint presentations.
Project #3: National Employer Sponsored Health Plan Benchmarking
- The Goal: To provide custom benchmarking reports for our clients to help them compare their current benefits program to other employers’ across the country.
- Summary: Prepare benchmark reports using client plans, contributions and annual premiums and compare to employer groups with similar size, industry and demographics.
- Benefit to Company: Provide our clients with valuable data to assist them in making plan decisions.
- Benefit to Intern: Apply market research and learn trends in plan design and cost in the United States.
Project #4: Consumerism and Wellness Communication Campaigns
- The Goal: To develop a wellness and consumerism campaign targeting a client’s population’s top health risk factors and consumerism objectives while also educating employees how to maintain optimal health and be better consumers of health care.
- Summary: Create flyers, posters and emails to meet client consumerism and wellness employee education objectives.
- Benefit to Company: Provide targeted and unique communications for our clients.
- Benefit to Intern: Work with clients to understand their communication needs and objectives and prepare custom materials to educate and empower employees.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Creative and innovative
- Attention to detail
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Intern
Department: Employee Benefits
Duration of Internship: 1-2 semesters
Weekly Work Schedule: Flexible/Part-Time
If you are interested please contact Stephanie Mualim at firstname.lastname@example.org