Published: September 23rd, 2015
ProCamps Fantasy Camp Volunteer
Founded in 1998, ProCamps is a best-in-class event management and sports marketing company specializing in developing, managing, and operating sports camps, player appearances, brand activations, and related experiences with professional athletes and coaches in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, PGA, ATP, NCAA, NASCAR, WPSL, MLL and NFHL. ProCamps helps Fortune 500 brands activate and execute more than 175 events across the country to effectively deliver brand messaging to thousands of parents, kids, and coaches via retail promotions, TV/radio/print, social media, and on-site activations.
ProCamps volunteers are an integral part of the camp team. The volunteer program is designed to provide a real world experience to individuals aspiring to become professionals in the sports industry. The goal of this experience is to give our volunteers the opportunity to apply their learning and knowledge in a professional environment. Each volunteer will have the opportunity to grow and learn from one of our many professionals as he/she will coordinate the camp day activities.
A ProCamps volunteer opportunity gives the students a chance to experience a part of the sports world that is not often spoken about. To give you an idea of what these camps entail, check out this video: https://vimeo.com/84189795 (password: procamps)
Miami Hurricanes Basketball Coach Jim Larranaga will be hosting his Fantasy Camp on October 9-11 and they are looking for students interested in pursuing a sports career to help volunteer at the camp.
- Facility Setup
- In-Event Tasks
- Coaches’ Meetings
- Athlete Room
- On-Field Contests
- VIP Hospitality
- Facility Teardown & Clean-Up
- Miscellaneous Responsibilities (as needed)
Job Type: Volunteer/Unpaid
To apply, please send your resumes to email@example.com
Retail Marketing Communications Specialist, Marketing/Advertising
Publix’ mission statement and guarantee is to be the premier quality food retailer in the world. Throughout their history, their associates and customers have helped Publix grow from a single store into the largest employee-owned grocery chain in the United States. They thank them by remaining deeply dedicated to customer service and community involvement, and being a great place to work. They’ve earned numerous awards for these efforts.
- Coordinates the distribution schedules for retail stores, newspapers and various shared mailed partners and prepares weekly insertion orders for divisional newspapers.
- Prepares weekly newspaper circulation for the divisional office and forwards copy to Printer.
- Creates product updates and run lists for weekly inserts;
- Coordinates the development of message schedules for divisional owned marketing channels.
- Coordinates assigned routine Retail Marketing Communications campaigns to maximize divisional Retail sales and profits.
- Responsible for the facilitation of invoice expense payments supporting Retail Marketing Communications’ campaigns, documentation and tracking of these expenses for budgetary purposes, and coordination of monthly and annual year-end budget reconciliation.
- Serves as the single point of contact (SPOC) of Retail Marketing Communications for the Customer Care department and facilitates responses to suppliers on inquiries and solicitations.
- Performs clerical functions such as typing, processing mail, transcribing correspondence, answering multiple phone lines and filing;
- Manages special marketing-related assignments, including working with outside vendors on short/long term promotions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business field or equivalent experience,
- Minimum of one year of marketing/ advertising or marketing communications experience, or a marketing communications internship with a large company/ retailer,
- Basic knowledge of Marketing principles, processes, tools, and techniques,
- Basic knowledge of media trends,
- Basic knowledge of marketing communications channels,
- Basic knowledge of the effectiveness, strengths, limitations, and basic relative costs of various marketing communications channels,
- Basic knowledge of print and digital production methods,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and project management computer software programs,
- Basic knowledge of the grocery consumer and competitive market dynamics,
- Analytical, time management and organizational skills,
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, with a high level of productivity,
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under deadline constraints,
- Professional telephone etiquette,
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner,
- Ability to retain/absorb information quickly,
- Ability to lift 40lbs to pack/unpack literature and/or event marketing materials, transfer materials for shipping and successfully track materials for arrival,
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player,
- Willingness to travel up to several days at a time with overnight stays, and
- Willingness to work late hours or during weekends (in extreme circumstances).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or equivalent experience,
- Minimum of two years of marketing/advertising or marketing communications, and
- Experience with a large company/retailer.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (Associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval)
New Years Day
Fourth of July
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks’ pay.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location: Miami Gardens
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday
To apply, fill out this application https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_publix/int1069088268/search.do and search Job ID: 12658