Published: September 9th, 2015
Meerkat is looking for versatile, hard-working, and talented college interns who are passionate about our brand and live streaming. Interns create fun and innovative ways to introduce their fellow students to Meerkat and our mission of changing the way people think about social media through live streaming. Interns are responsible for generating excitement, awareness, and buzz about Meerkat on campus. They are an integral part of the strategy behind bringing Meerkat to fellow students on campus by representing the brand and seeking out unique opportunities that will connect peers through live streaming. With the guidance of a member of the Meerkat media team via e-mail, phone calls and periodic in person meetings, interns not only learn about grassroots marketing, but execute it in real-world situations. Students must commit to one full academic semester. Internships are not paid, and when applicable, class credit can be applied.
- Must be currently enrolled in college
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Working knowledge of social media
- Ability to work 8-10 hours per week
- Access to a smartphone
- Proven leadership on campus
- Journalism, Communications, Media Studies majors are a plus, but not a required
- Coordinating and executing a comprehensive marketing strategy tailored to the campus and student body
- Researching and creating live content on Meerkat
- Assisting the media team with special projects and events as needed
- Strong and consistent communication with the media team, other interns, and students
To apply, please submit a resume and links to your social profiles to email@example.com along with a note explaining why you want to intern at Meerkat. Please note your college in the subject line.