PocketGM Marketing Ambassador
PocketGM is a mobile-first sports social media and fantasy football company working in exclusive partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Founded in January 2014 by Gustavo Miguel and Ronnie Lott, PocketGM aims to bring Silicon Valley-level technology to the sports industry, starting with Fantasy Football.
The major company milestones include completing the roll-out of our content only website, signing a 5-year EXCLUSIVE deal with the Pro Football Hall of Fame (including licensing rights, access to 32 Hall of Fame Team Captains for all 32 NFL teams), and signing active players DeMarco Murray and Reggie Bush.
PocketGM is set to launch for the 2015 Fantasy Football season and is looking for passionate sports fans to join our Silicon Valley based startup. This role will work closely with the company COO and CFO both in the development of the go-to-market strategy, as well as securing a list of potential strategic partners. The work will be done completely remote/on-campus and we provide our interns with a tremendous amount of flexibility to construct their work schedule.
- Will be responsible for crafting a go-to-market strategy for PocketGM at their respective
- Will be tasked with looking at potential strategic partnerships at their university/surrounding area, such as with restaurants, bars, and bookstores.
- Will develop a database of potential users that will be included in the pre-launch, invite-only weeks during the early part of the fantasy season.
- Will have the ability to make “real world” sales, with the potential to earn a commission on sales derived from these relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to persuasively articulate product
- Ability to be highly efficacious with minimal management and oversight
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through
The position will be unpaid with the opportunity to win a $10,000 academic scholarship.
If you are interested, please send your resume to email@example.com
Start-up Experience in Social Entrepreneurship helping Parents
Purpose of the Internship
This internship program is designed to introduce students to the “start-up real world” by providing them with the opportunity to gain experience, and apply their formal education to actual work situations. Students will work directly with the founders on all facets of launching of the business.
Komuns is a startup looking to do a social impact in the way parents educate and connect with their kids and other families building a better society based on communication, connection and enjoyment. Komuns is an app that makes it easy to be updated in education trends and meet parents with common friends and similar family interests!
Komuns is launching on May 2015, in Miami as area test, to rapidly scale to NY and LA. The interns will help in amplifying and adapting to parents the researches from top Education Institutions as Harvard, Stanford, U Penn, Ashoka, FIU, to mention some.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Knowledge of Social platforms such as – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, WordPress
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment to implement new ideas daily to connect with audiences and provide meaningful influence.
- Willingness to assume responsibility
- Collaborates on projects and assignments to reach the objective
- Coordinates editorial strategy
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Komuns will cover transportation expenses of the intern.
Location: Venture Hive – 1010 NE 2nd Ave – Miami Florida 33132.
They need a minimum commitment of 3 days per week and 3 months internship.
The possibility of extending the internship will be a plus.
If you are passionate about start-ups and education challenges, apply submitting a cover letter discussing your experience and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Multicultural Programs and Services
The Tutorial Coordinator Diones Adorno is looking for tutors for the AAA Tutorial Lab on the Modesto A. Maidique Campus.
He is looking for students who can tutor in both the Math’s and Sciences to work in the AAA Tutoring Center located in GC 267starting Summer A and or starting for the Fall 2015 semester.
The position is 12-15 hours a week and pays $8.50 an hour.
If you are interested, please contact Diones Adorno at Dadorno@fiu.edu with your unofficial transcript, resume, and this application. The application can also be turned in at the MPAS office (GC 216).
FIU College of Business
The College of Business Marketing & Communications department is hiring a marketing student (junior, senior, or grad level) for a part-time temporary position.If you are a Marketing, Advertising, or Communications major, please apply here!
Find more internships in the links below!