Social Media Strategist
Boats Group is a Miami, FL-based advertising and software company for the marine industry with niche titles: YachtWorld, BoatTrader.com and boats.com.
Reporting to the Director of Demand Generation, this is a key position that is critical to our success as Boats Group enters its next phase of growth. The Social Media Strategist will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive social media strategy to increase traffic and brand awareness for our sites – YachtWorld, Boat Trader, boats.com and CosasDeBarcos.
This role provides an ideal blend of the creative and the analytical as the Social Media Strategist will not only develop, enhance and grow the Boats Group social media channel through audience segmentation, advanced targeting and innovative engagement techniques, but will also have the autonomy to brainstorm, launch and test new ideas and programs. An eye for innovation is key to success in this role and the Social Media Strategist is responsible for identifying opportunities for content efficiency and automation, and then implementing those improvements.
This is an ideal role for a social media expert who has excellent multitasking skills to handle all of our social media accounts in a cohesive way and seeks to leverage their expertise in an environment that provides ample room for experimentation, testing and innovation. If you have a creative way of thinking and of presenting our brands through multiple social media channels, we would like to make you part of our team.
Who You Are
● An audience-obsessed social media expert – you love brainstorming, launching and testing new ideas and campaigns to deliver the best engagement to customers and consumers.
● A metrics enthusiast – you love using data to inform strategic decisions and future planning
● A “sleeves-rolled-up” kind of person – you do what it takes to get the job done, even if it means running around a boat show to capture the best photos, news and events
● A people person – you value and drive cross-collaboration to produce effective campaigns
● A juggler – you can manage the creation, development and delivery of all things social media
What You’ll Do
● Design social media strategies to achieve marketing targets
● Manage, create and publish original, high quality content
● Administer all company social media accounts ensuring up-to-date content
● Liaise with writers and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
● Collaborate with marketing and product development teams to create social ‘buzz’ regarding new product launches
● Manage a continuous, meticulously planned and documented testing plan to continually improve performance of the social media channel, developing strategies to reach customers/consumers at all stages of the marketing cycle
● Facilitate client-company communication (respond to queries, get reviews and organize chats and Q&A sessions)
● Prepare weekly and monthly reports on web traffic and ROI; optimize against key metrics.
● Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
● Communicate with industry professionals via social media to create a strong network
● Train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy
● Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices
What You Should Have
● Proven work experience as a social media strategist or social media manager
● 5+ years of relevant work experience in consumer and customer marketing – preferably with experience in technology marketing
● Hands-on experience using social media for brand awareness and demand generation
● Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
● An ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet them
● Familiarity with web design and publishing
● Experience working with analytics platforms, including Adobe SiteCatalyst and Google Analytics
● Strong communication skills and attention to detail
● Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action and deliver results
How to Apply: Interested candidates can send their resume to KC Backofen at email@example.com